Five taste Uthappam with step by step pictures. Uthappam is a thicker version of Dosa (lentil crepes).It is not crispy like dosa is a thick pancake.Five taste Uthappam is a delicious breakfast that can be served on a weekend.
We can make this breakfast interesting with some delicious and interesting toppings this sure will please your family and kids. Also I made few elaborate side dish to go along with five taste Uthappam.
5 taste Uthappam , Pictorial:
A closer look : Potato Masala Uthappam
Onion tomato Uthappam
Carrot Cucumber Uthappam
Few other toppings ideas:
Some Other toppings which you can try for Uthappam:
- Egg Uthappam
- Pepper Uthappam
- Green Peas Uthappam
- Vegetable Uthappam
Serve this delicious Uthappam with a cup of hot filter coffee.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
5 taste Uthappam
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Idli Dosa Batter
- Oil or Ghee as needed
- 3 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Idli Podi as needed
- Potato Masala a generous scoop
- Chop all the veggies and make it ready. Take dosa batter in a small ladle and pour in the dosa pan. Don’t spread much as the uthappam will be thick. Top it with Coriander leaves.
- Pour in oil over the sides and cover cook in a low flame for some time thick the bottom becomes light brown .Now flip and cook for few secs.
- Once the uthappam is fully cooked remove it to the plate. Repeat the same for uthappam however only the toppings differ. Next for Onion tomato dosa. Top the uthappam with a generous sprinkle of Onion and tomato and sprinkle oil over the sides.Flip and cook till it is done .After Flipping press the dosa a little with a ladle so that the toppings becomes intact and will not fall apart.
- For Carrot Cucumber dosa top the Uthappam with Carrot and Cucumber and cook till it is done.
- For podi Uthappam sprinkle a lavish amount of podi over the uthappam and sprinkle ghee over the uthappam and along the edges cook till it is done.
- For Potato Masala dosa. Scoop a generous amount of potato masala over the uthappam and cook. After flipping press he uthappam a little so that the masala remains intact with the Uthappam.
· I served 5 taste uthappam with Idli Podi, Sambar, Coconut Chutney, Potato Masala, and Mixed Vegetable Kurma.