Chicken 65 Biriyani Recipe | How to cook Chicken 65 Biryani. Sharing today another delight chicken 65 biryani. I feel chicken cooked in the usual biryani is not my cup of tea and hence I try to prepare either Chicken Tikka Biryani or this biryani, coz in this way the chicken is cooked and then kept in the dum is really flavourful.
Chicken Dum biryani is also my favorite thought its a bit elaborate process every grain is worth the taste. Now let's see how to cook this delicious biryani.
Click here for the detailed Recipe of Chicken 65.
Enjoy this yummy biryani with Onion Raita.
How to Prepare Chicken 65 biryani, Pictorial:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Chicken 65 Biriyani
For chicken 65
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Corn flour / Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Red Food colour – a pinch optional
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as needed
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Oil / Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Black Stone Flower - few
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Onion - 3
- Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
- Mint Leaves – a handful
- Coriander Leaves – ¼ cup tightly packed
- Tomato - 2
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Food Colour – ¼ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- In a mixing bowl add in the Chicken and then add in the chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, Ginger garlic paste and coriander powder.
- Break open an egg and mix everything together. Next add in Corn flour and Red Food colour if using. Next add in the lemon juice and mix everything. Allow it to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying .
- Once the oil is hot drop in the marinated chicken pieces and fry in a medium flame along with few curry leaves.
- Cook till the chicken turns golden and its cooked completely. Drain in paper towels.
- Meanwhile soak the rice in water for 30 mins. Heat another pan with oil once its hot add all the whole spices and fry for few secs. Next add in the onions.
- Saute till the onions turn glossy and then add in the ginger garlic paste. Cook till the raw smell leaves.
- Next add in the Mint and coriander leaves saute till the leaves shrink and then add in the tomatoes. Cook till mushy. If you have saved the masala which was left after marinating the chicken. You could add it to the biryani now.
- Mix well and then add in the chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Garam Masala and Salt.
- Next add in the soaked Rice and saute for few mins and then add in the measured Water. And then add in the food color. Dont mix the rice after adding the food colour. You can omit this if you don’t prefer.
- Finally add in the lemon juice and check for salt and spice and add if anything is required. Close and cook the rice. Once the rice is fully cooked fluff the rice and dig a small portion of the rice to this add in the prepared chicken 65 and cover. Seal it properly till you serve. Flavourful Chicken 65 Biryani is now ready to be served.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2019. Its now updated with new Recipe card, Pictures.