Biryani is one of the most tasted recipes all over the word which is originally from the Indian Subcontinent .It is prepared as a combination of the Indian spices along with or without Meat .Few say they are originally from Persia and introduced to India by the Mughals. Few say that they are bought by the Arab traders to Calicut. However the nativity of Biryani is still uncertain. Source wiki .
Usually the Biryani is prepared using Basmati rice in North India and Seeraga Samba rice in south India. But now a days Basmati rice is being used in most of the places across India. Today I am sharing a quick and easy version of biryani with Basmiti Rice in a Presure Cooker.
Variations in Biryani:
Numerous variation are there in cooking biryani
Authentic Dum Biryani Method
and many more. Every region has their own specialization and improvements in the biryani
No Fail Chicken Biryani
Today I have cooked one of the Basic no fail method. However the authentic way of preparing the biryani is the Dum Style.
Serving Suggestion :
Check the Video of Chicken Biryani made in a pressure Cooker .It is so easy and even beginners can perfect it in the first attempt!!
Similar Biryani Recipes :
How to make Easy Chicken Biryani in pressure Cooker with steo by step pictures:
2) In a heavy bottomed pressure cooker add in oil or Ghee once it becomes hot add in the Bay leaves,Cloves ,Fennel seeds ,Cinamon,Cardamom and fry for a min.
3)Now add in the onion and saute till the onion turns tranlucent.
5)Add in the chopped Mint and Coriander Leaves and fry for a min.
6) Now add in the Tomato and saute till the onion turns mushy for about 4 to 5 mins.
7) Now add in the chicken and toss well for about 5 mins .
8)Add in chilli powder and mix well.
9) Add in Garam masala and Turmeric powder.
10) Add in Salt.
11) Add in the rice and fry for about 4 to 5 mins in medium flame.
12) Now add in the Water and curd and boil in high flame till water boils.
13)Once the Water boils closed the pressure cooker and stream comes add in the Whistle and cook for 5 mins in high flame,Tasty and Flavorful Biryani is ready.
Chicken Biryani | Easy Chicken Biryani in Presurre Cooker
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups Seeraga Samba Rice
- ½ kg Chicken
- 3 Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tomato
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 cup Mint leaves
- ¼ cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds/Sombu
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon stick/Pattai
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Cardamon
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2.5 cups Water
- Chop all the vegetables.And keep the items to temper ready
- In a heavy bottomed pressure cooker add in oil or Ghee once it becomes hot add in the Bay leaves,Cloves ,Fennel seeds ,Cinamon,Cardamom and fry for a min.
- Now add in the onion and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Now add in Ginger-Garlic paste and saute for 2 mins or till the raw smell leaves.
- Add in the chopped Mint and Coriander Leaves and fry for a min.
- Now add in the Tomato and saute till the onion turns mushy for about 4 to 5 mins.
- Now add in the chicken and toss well for about 5 mins .
- Add in chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in Garam masala and Turmeric powder.
- Add in Salt.
- Add in the Soaked Seeraga Samba rice and fry for about 4 to 5 mins in medium flame.
- Now add in the Water and curd mix well and then in a high flame cook and bring everything to a boil.
- Once the Water boils close the pressure cooker and wait till the stream comes vigorously and add in the Whistle and cook for 3 mins in high flame and switch off. Wait till the pressure is completely released and then open the cooker . Carefully fluff the rice without breaking the grains.,Tasty and Flavorful Biryani is ready.