Guiltfree Chocolate Chip Cookies with No Sugar, No Maida, or All-purpose Flour. It can be made even healthy by replacing Butter with Ghee.
Chocolate Chip cookies are universal love. Almost 95 % of the people love the chocolate flavor and the chocolate chip cookie has almost zero haters. Also, Chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookie types.
I have baked quite a few cookies. The very first time when I bought my oven cookies is the one I got hooked up to. I tried various varieties of cookies and was somehow addicted to them. At one point I realized my weakness and tried hard to keep myself away from the cookie craze.
Since then I try and find occasions to bake cookies. This Christmas season is like a Jackpot and not to be missed. Unlike earlier I kind of shifted towards a healthier lifestyle. I try to avoid refined flour and sugar in my food. But when kids demand I try but I cut my intake.
so one day when I got some serious sugar cravings tried this amazing sugar-free or say no white sugar cookie with Wheat flour. I am not allergic to gluten so I take it. We can replace wheat flour with Almond flour for a gluten free cookie. But add an egg or an egg replacement along.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies is a classic bake that has Chocolate Chip or Chunks. It has its origin in the United States. It is one of the most popular cookies all over the world and is always in demand.
Guilt-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I decided to give the ever famous chocolate chip cookie a guilt-free look. Have made them white sugar-free. I am using Jaggery powder instead. I am not using Refined wheat flour. Also, it's eggless. We can also replace butter with clarified butter or ghee for an even healthier version.
I also have a similar Jaggery Chocolate Cookie , Do check it out.
Prep work for Chocolate chip Cookies
- Make sure all the ingredients at room temperature.
- We will be creaming the jaggery powder and butter together. So keep the butter at room temperature for 30 mins and then use. In short, butter has to be soft.
- Use good quality Chocolate chips.
- Measure the ingredients and keep them ready.
- Line a baking tray with Parchment paper and set it aside.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whole Wheat Flour
I am using whole wheat flour for my cookies. If you wish you can use APF, but Wheat flour does the job well. for a gluten-free version we can use Almond Flour.
Use soft unsalted Butter. Instead of Butter we can also use ghee ie Clarified Butter.
I am using Jaggery powder as the sweetener. If using good quality without any impurities. Instead of Jaggery powder, we can also use brown sugar or cane sugar.
Rice flour gives a crispness to the cookies. Instead of the rice flour, we can add corn flour as well.
We can increase or decrease the quantity of chocolate chips. Use good quality chocolate chips.
Use unsweetened good quality cocoa powder. It is one of the principal ingredients. It adds a nice color and flavor to the cookies.
FAQ'S on Chocolate Chip Cookies
If we use melted butter or if the butter is very soft the cookies may spread and flatten. In that case, refrigerate the cough for an hour or more and then bake the cookie. The chilled dough will not spread much while baking.
The principal reason must be the flour is more in the dough. The ratio of flour is to butter is very important. Always use a measuring cup or weighing scale to measure the ingredients. If using a meaning cup level the cup with the ingredients and use. Not more or less.
The bottom of the cookies will turn brown and it will not stick to the tray. It also sounds hollow. Another important point is that the cookie dough will not fall. The cookie retains the shape.
You can add either Milk Chocolate Chunks or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks. Measure in a weighing scale and chop them into smaller pieces and use.
Pro Tip - You can also make the cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it. Thaw at room temperature for 30 mins to 1 hour and then shape and bake the cookies.
How to Prepare Guilt-free Chocolate chip Cookies, Pictorial
1) In a mixing bowl add ½ cup soft unsalted butter and ½ cup Jaggery powder. Using a spatula or a whisk combine together and cream them until well combined.
2) Next add in 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour.
3) To this add in ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ tsp Baking powder, 1 tbsp of Rice Flour, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Combine together.
4) To this add in a pinch of salt. If you have added Salted butter. You can skip adding Salt at this Stage.
5) Finally add in ¼ cup Milk and the Vanilla essence.
6) Mix everything and bring it to a dough using the hands.
7) Pinch in equal portions of the dough and shape the cookies. Top it with some extra chocolate chips.
8 ) Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake them for about 15 to 20 mins at 180 Deg C . or until the bottom of the cookies brown
9 ) Wait till the cookies are completely cool and then store in air-tight containers.
- The cookie Stays good at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
- Store in an air tight container.
Similar Cookie Recipes in blog
Guiltfree Chocolate Chip Cookies | Chocolate Cookies
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- OTG Oven
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Jaggery Powder
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Salt a pinch
- In a mixing bowl add ½ cup soft unsalted butter and ½ cup Jaggery powder. Using a spatula or a whisk combine together and cream them until well combined.
- Next add in 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour.
- To this add in ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ tsp Baking powder, 1 tbsp of Rice Flour, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Combine together.
- To this add in a pinch of salt. If you have added Salted butter. You can skip adding Salt at this Stage.
- Finally add in ¼ cup Milk and the Vanilla essence.
- Mix everything and bring it to a dough using the hands.
- Pinch in equal portions of the dough and shape the cookies. Top it with some extra chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake them for about 15 to 20 mins at 180 Deg C . or until the bottom of the cookies brown
- Wait till the cookies are completely cool and then store in air-tight containers.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.