Recipe Cuisine: Australian | Recipe Category : Cake
Prep Time: 10 mins | Setting Time:30 mins | Bake Time :30 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Vanilla Sponge Cake:
All-purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 100 gram
Sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
Salt a pinch
Milk – 3 tbsp
Fresh Cream – ½ cup
Dark Chocolate – ¾ cup
Butter – 1 tsp
Vanilla Sponge Cake: 10 pieces
Chocolate Sauce : ½ cup
Desiccated Coconut :½ cup
1. In a blender add in Butter and Sugar blend well till both the ingredients are blended well. Crack open an egg to this.
2. Blend well until the egg is well combined with the Butter and Sugar mixture. Crack open the other egg and repeat the same process. To this add in the Vanilla Essence and blend everything together finally.
3. Transfer this blended mixture to a large mixing bowl. Meanwhile sift in all the dry ingredients together twice or thrice.
4. Slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients in batches and fold gently with a spatula. Fold gently until everything is well combined. Add in the Milk and fold once again. Don't beat the batter fast at this stage as the batter has to be folded gently for a crack less cake.
- Lamington cake can be prepared easily from ready made vanilla cake and chocolate sauce.
- I used homemade Vanilla Sponge cake and homemade chocolate sauce.
- Give time to set for the cake otherwise the chocolate sauce may ooze out and make your hands messy.
- For Best Results Prepare the Vanilla Sponge Cake on the previous day
- Allow the Vanilla Cake to cool completely before assembling the Lamington Cakes
[…] Lamington Cake […]