Cinnamon Glazed Pecans is a yummy edible gift for the holidays. It is perfect as a snack, toppings for icecream, Salads, and many more.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins. Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes.
I love making edible snacks with nuts. They are way healthier than the sugar candies and this is perfect for the kids too. I rely on these goodies during my office break or when I'm craving something sweet.
Cinnamon glazed pecans
Candied roasted pecans are easy and fun to make candy. They are perfect for snacking and are usually made during the holidays. You can make a big batch and distribute them as edible gifts or munch on them during the game day.
Cinnamon and Pumpkin spice is like a match made in heaven, especially during my winters. I love to include cinnamon in many sweet treats I make during the holiday break. Recently I made puff pastry cinnamon rolls and here is another such try.
I also have a vegan candied pecans recipe you can check on that as well.
Pecans - Use good quality wholesome Pecan.
Butter -Melts and gives a nice aroma to the candy. You can use oil if you prefer a vegan version.
Brown Sugar - Brings in a lovely caramel flavor as it melts and its golden hue is just perfect.
Maple Syrup - It goes very well in the caramel base. you may also use honey if you prefer.
Salt - Balances the taste and highly recommends adding.
Cinnamon powder - The star ingredient and the main flavor ingredient. Use fresh good quality cinnamon powder.
How long do cinnamon sugar pecans last?
It stays good at room temperature for a week and you can freeze them in a zip lock or freezer-safe box for a longer shelf life.
Are glazed and candied pecans the same?
We prepare the Candied pecans by coating the pecans with a layer of egg white along with sugar. Whereas Glazed pecans are prepared by coating them with caramel.
Why are my glazed pecans sticky?
If the nuts or uncooked or cooking time is not enough then it is most likely to be sticky. If your nuts are sticky cook for an extra 1 or 2 mins.
How to make Cinnamon Glazed Pecans
Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or a cast iron pan. Add butter and let it melt.
Add Maple syrup to the pan.
Next, add brown sugar.
Also, add Salt.
Combine everything and let the sugar melt. The caramel slowly starts to bubble up. Next, add cinnamon powder.
Mix everything. Stir and cook as the caramel bubbles up.
Next, add the pecans. Combine and let the caramel coat over all the pecans.
Cook on a low flame for 3 mins and switch off the flame.
Preheat an air fryer to 200 C / 400 F for 5 mins. Spread parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Transfer the pecans to the air fryer. Spread well and make sure the pecans don't touch each other.
Airfry at 356 F / 180 C for 7 mins. After 5 mins open the air fryer and shake the basket once.
Let the pecans cool completely. Break if there are any lumps. Cinnamon roasted pecans are now ready.
Tips & Variations
- If you are not having an air fryer you can also bake the pecans in your OTG.
- Spread the pecans in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 160 C for 10 mins. Let it cool completely and then store it.
- These easy cinnamon candied pecans are a perfect snack for kids or even anyone for munching.
- If you do not have an air fryer or OTG you can easily make them as no-bake cinnamon pecans. cook for another 2 mins on the stovetop and just spread everything on parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
Cinnamon coated pecans go well as a snack for munching. I also use it to top my overnight oats, Icecreams, Praline Salads, or smoothie bowl. They look pretty on them and taste exotic. You may also use them as a topping for your cakes or pies.
They stay good at room temperature for up to a week. Beyond that put them in the fridge for up to two weeks. More than that you can store them in the freezer. Always store in a good air tight container.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Cinnamon Glazed Pecans
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Castiron Pan
- 2 cups Pecans
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or a cast iron pan. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add Maple syrup to the pan.
- Next, add brown sugar.
- Also, add Salt.
- Combine everything and let the sugar melt. The caramel slowly starts to bubble up. Next, add cinnamon powder.
- Mix everything. Stir and cook as the caramel bubbles up.
- Next, add the pecans. Combine and let the caramel coat over all the pecans.
- Cook on a low flame for 3 mins and switch off the flame.
- Preheat an air fryer to 200 C / 400 F for 5 mins. Spread parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Transfer the pecans to the air fryer. Spread well and make sure the pecans don't touch each other.
- Airfry at 356 F / 180 C for 7 mins. After 5 mins open the air fryer and shake the basket once.
- Let the pecans cool completely. Break if there are any lumps. Cinnamon glazed Pecans are now ready.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply