Pallipalayam Chicken Roast | Erode Pallipalayam Style Chicken Fry Recipe with step by step pictures. Pallipalayam chicken roast is a yummy chicken appetizer made with very minimal ingredients. But the difficult job includes peeling of the shallots and garlic but it really is worth the try.
I was first introduced about the recipe by my colleague, She hails from Erode and the famous pallipalayam is located near erode. This pallipalyam chicken roast is one common menu in their Sunday food. Then during the office potluck I got to taste it, immediately I requested the recipe from my friends mom and she was sweet enough to share the recipe with the measurements. And my bad I took really three long years to try this and post it in the blog. Now let’s see pallipalaym chicken roast.
Chicken - Traditionally we use country chicken for preparing pallipalayam chicken.
Small Onions - Adds the best taste to the chicken. Don't ever replace with with big onions.
Garlic - Good for digestion and adds to the taste.
Coconut Oil - Give the perfect village style taste to the chicken
Curry leaves and Coriander leaves - Adds more flavor to the chicken.
Salt and Turmeric powder - These are the only spice powder and salt is added for taste.
How to make Pallipalayam Chicken
Peel the skin of garlic and shallots and keep it ready. In a blend add garlic and small onions.
Blend the garlic pods and small onions to form a fine paste and set it aside.
Heat oil in a pan preferably coconut oil. Once its hot add dry red chilli. Saute for few secs.
Next add the ground shallots garlic paste and saute for 2 min or untill raw smell leaves.
Next add in the chicken pieces and combine.
Also add Curry Leaves.
Next add in the Turmeric powder and Salt mix well.
Cook in a low flame the untill the chicken is done and completely dry. It may roughly take 25-30 mins.
Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Tips & Variations
- If you prefer less spicy , you can remove the seeds from red chili and then use.
- All the ingredients are equally important for pallipalyam chicken recipe. So don't replace or substitute with any other ingredients.
- If the onions are cooked well there might be a slight bitterness to the dish. So make sure you cook the onion and garlic together until they are cooked well.
- Country chicken is traditionally used for chicken pallipalayam
- Cook in a low flame. The dish tastes best when slow cooked with all the right ingredients.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Pallipalayam Chicken Roast
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ½ kg Chicken
- 15 Shallots / Small Onions
- 15 Garlic pods
- 2 tbsp15 Coconut Oil
- Dry Red Chilli
- ¼ cup Curry Leaves tightly packed
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Peel the skin of garlic and shallots and keep it ready. In a blend add garlic and small onions.
- Blend the garlic pods and small onions to form a fine paste and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan preferably coconut oil. Once its hot add dry red chilli. Saute for few secs.
- Next add the ground shallots garlic paste and saute for 2 min or untill raw smell leaves.
- Next add in the chicken pieces and combine.
- Also add Curry Leaves.
- Next add in the Turmeric powder and Salt mix well.
- Cook in a low flame the untill the chicken is done and completely dry. It may roughly take 25-30 mins. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Goes well Rice or Roti.
- Keep the flame low and then cook it till the chicken is done.
- Use coconut oil for a nice flavour.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.