Seempaal Theratipaal Recipe | How to prepare Seempaal with Theratipaal with step by step pics. Seempaal theratipaal is an heirloom recipe which is very rare these days. It is very yummy, and it is very healthy too. It is also called as Kadambu or Colostrum.
What is Seempaal?
Seempaal is the first milk from the cow, after it gives birth to the calf. It is very thick and pale yellow in colour. Usually we get seempaal from the cow for the first three days or four after its delivery. It is an age-old recipe and traditional one too.
Why it is called Teratippaal:
The Colostrum milk get curdled and resembles grains and in Tamil we call it as theranja paal , From that we got the name as theratipaal
Health Benefits of Seempaal
It boosts the immunity and is rich in protein, It is usually given to new moms.
These days its really rare to get the seempaal , most of us buy only packet milk but we are lucky enough that we get cow’s milk in our place . I was continuously asking our milk uncle if I could get colostrum and he told me that he will get when his cow’s deliver. Finally, after almost one year wait we got the colostrum. We really enjoyed.
How to Prepare Seempaal , Theratipaal, Pictorial
1. In a sauce pan add in the seempaal . Cook in a medium flame.
2. In 3- 5 mins the milk will start to curdle. Keep stirring. The milk will slowly turn thick.
3. Keep Stirring, Add in the Jaggery and Cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Slowly the water will disappear and only the milk solids will remain, Switch off in this stage.
I kept in fridge after preparing and it got over in 3 days.
Seempaal Theratipaal | How to prepare Seempaal with Theratipaal | Colostrum Recipe
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cups Seempaal | First Milk from Cow
- ½ cup Jaggery / Sugar or Any sweeteners
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- In a sauce pan add in the seempaal . Cook in a medium flame.
- In 3- 5 mins the milk will start to curdle. Keep stirring. The milk will slowly turn thick.
- Keep Stirring, Add in the Jaggery and Cardamom powder and mix well.
- Slowly the water will disappear and only the milk solids will remain, Switch off in this stage.
- Stir continuous to prevent getting burnt. Cook in a medium low flame.
- You will need to cook until the water completely disappears.
- You can use any sweeteners of your choice. Jaggery or Plam Jaggery or any Sugars.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply