Today I am sharing one more cookie recipe. Tutti Frutti cookies it is. These beauties traveled all the way from Bangalore to Kolkata. One of my friends ordered this cookie from me for her little brother, So I made this cookie with extra care .
My friend and her little brother loved it, I got a text from her in which she mentioned she absolutely loved this healthy fruity cookie, which made my day, Now let’s get started!!!
What is Tutti Frutti
Tutti frutti is a candied fruit made from raw papaya. Papaya is chopped into small cubes , sweetened , colored and dried to get Tutti Frutti. It is a very popular ingredient for baking, ice creams and many confectioneries.
Instead of papaya these days we also watermelon rind. Also there are natural coloring agents rather than the artificial ones.
Wheat Flour - I am using 100 % whole wheat flour. You can also use all purpose flour or half and hand all purpose and wheat flour for the cookies.
Butter - Use soft unsalted butter. Soft butter easily creams up with the sugar as you whisk. Else it might have crumbs here and there.
Sugar - We cream the powdered sugar and butter for the cookie base. you may also use Brown sugar or Jaggery powder too. I have tried with both. Using them will change the color of the cookies to deep brown.
Vanilla Extract - Use pure vanilla extract.
Tutti Frutti - These are sweetened candied papaya's . They are easily available in the super markets.
How to prepare Tutti Frutti cookies
1.In a mixing bowl add in the softened unsalted butter and powdered sugar. Combine well until everything is well mixed.
2. Next add in the Vanilla extract.
3. Add-in the whole wheat flour.
4. Knead everything together and bring it to a soft dough.
5. Next, add in the tutti frutti, mix everything once again.
6. Mix everything and knead to a soft dough.
7. Divide the dough equally into two. Shape them into two equal sized logs with uniform thickness and width. Cling wrap the dough
8. Refrigerate for 30 mins. Remove the dough from the after 30 mins. Slice the log into equal-sized cookies. Arrange the shaped cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
9. Preheat the oven at 356 F (180 Deg C ) for about 10 mins and then bake at 356 F for about 13 mins. Allow it to cool completely and then store in airtight boxes.
The cookies are soft when they come out of the oven. Once the cookies cool down they get crisp. Let the cookies cool completely and then store in air tight containers.
Tutti Frutti stays good in room temperature for up to 10 days. Make sure you cool the cookies completely and then store. Store them in clean air tight container for longer shelf life.
Makes a yummy snack. Perfect for breakfast or snack box.
More Recipes with Tutti Frutti
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Tutti Frutti Cookies
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- ½ cup Soft unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti
- In a mixing bowl add in the softened unsalted butter and powdered sugar. Combine well until everything is well mixed.
- Next add in the Vanilla extract.
- and then add-in the whole wheat flour.
- Knead everything together to form a soft dough.
- Next, add in the tutti frutti, mix everything once again.
- Mix everything and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough equally into two. Shape them into two equal sized logs with uniform thickness and width. Cling wrap the dough
- Refrigerate for 30 mins. Remove the dough from the after 30 mins. Slice the log into equal-sized cookies. Arrange the shaped cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 356 F (180 Deg C ) for about 10 mins and then bake at 356 F for about 13 mins. Allow it to cool completely and then store in airtight boxes.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
- The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven and will become firm once it cools.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2016. I have updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.