Serve Kaya Eriserry with Steamed Rice ,Kerala Parupu curry and Papad.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Raw Banana – 1
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Water as needed
- Salt as needed
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
To Grind :
- Grated coconut – 3 tbps
- Shallots/Small Onions – 3
- Green Chilli – 1
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic pods - 2
To Temper :
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Shallots/small Onions – 5
- Dry Red Chili – 1
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
- 1.Wash the raw banana, peel the skin and chop them into cube sized pieces. In a vessel add in little water the cubed raw banana, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the banana is done.
- 2.In a blender add in the ingredients mentioned under the “To Grind Section” along with little water and grind it to a semi fine paste.
- 3.Take the cooked raw banana in a pan and mash it roughly with a ladle and continue cooking to this add in the ground paste along with little water and the required Salt.
- 4.Meanwhile in another pan add in the freshly grated coconut and roast till it becomes golden brown once the raw banana and coconut mixture becomes little thick add in the roasted coconut to it and switch off the flame.
- 5.Now prepare the seasoning with the ingredients mentioned in the “To Temper” section and pour the tadka over the eriserry .Serve hot
- Goes well with Steamed rice and Parippu Curry and Papad.
- Instead of Raw banana vegetables like Yam, Elephant Yam can also be used to prepare the eriserry.
- Lobia / Cow peas can be along with the vegetables.
- Never skip Coconut Oil as it gives the authentic taste.