Guntur Chicken Roast is a delicious Andra style spicy appetizer.
Guntur Chicken Roast | Andhra Style Chicken Roast | Kodi Vepudu Recipe with step by step pictures .My love for spicy Andhra food started ever since I started working , with few close friends from Andhra I started visiting the nearby Andhra Mess and I loved the food.
This Guntur chicken will be in our menu every time we eat there. It has been my personal favourite and I got this recipe from my friend’s mom.
I have tried this recipe quite a few recipe and I always get request from family to make it again and again.
I usually serve it with Rice and Dal. The Mild rice and dal goes very well with this spicy chicken. I have used Guntur chilli for this recipe which is really spicy.
You can also use ordinary chilli. Now lets see how to prepare Guntur Chicken Roast
How to make Guntur Chicken Roast
2. Now dry roast the ingredient mention under “To Roast and grind” section.
3. Allow it to cool down and then grind it to a fine powder.
4. In a pan add in ghee and Curry leaves and then add in the marinated chicken. Mix well.
5. Chicken will have its own water and it will get cooked in that itself.
6. Cook till the chicken is 70 %done.Next add in the ground spice powder and cook till the chicken is fully done and no moisture remains further. Switch off the flame.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Guntur Chicken Roast
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ⅛ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
To Roast and Grind:
- Guntur chilli - 5
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 ½ tbsp.
- Cumn seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cloves -4
- Cinnamon sticks I inch piece
- Cashew nut 8-10
- Other Ingredients:
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
- Wash the chicken well and take them in a clean bowl to this add in the ingredients mentioned under “To Marinate” one by one mix well and let it marinate for 30-45 mins
- Now dry roast the ingredient mention under “To Roast and grind” section.
- Allow it to cool down and then grind it to a fine powder.
- In a pan add in ghee and Curry leaves and then add in the marinated chicken. Mix well.
- Chicken will have its own water and it will get cooked in that itself.
- Cook till the chicken is 70 %done.
- Next add in the ground spice powder and cook till the chicken is fully done and no moisture remains further. Switch off the flame.
· Guntur chillies are really spicy if you prefer a less spicy version reduce the no. of red chilli also you can remove the seeds and use it.
Leave a Reply