- Most of the dishes involve coconut, green chilli and Cumin seeds paste so I ground that in bulk.
- Also grate the coconut in bulk and keep it ready.
- I used store bought banana chips and Sharkara upperi I made two days before (I couldn’t post the recipe as I was really busy .Will definitely post in the coming days)
- I made Mango Pickle and Puli inji the previous day itself.
- We made Tomato Rasam, ground the masala for Sambar and cooked the required dal for Sambar and Kerala Paripu curry the previous day
- We chopped the Cabbage, Beans, grated beetroot the previous day.
- Next day morning we started cooking by 8 in the morning.
- We first finished Moru Curry ,Kalan and beetroot pachadi as they are curd based gravy.
- Next cooked the Banana Eriserry ,Aviyal as they involved the same coconut base.
- Next soaked matta rice for cooking.
- Next finished beans and cabbage poriyal.
- At last made Olan and then started off the payasam.
- Finally cooked the Rice and fried the appalam.
Matta Rice / Kerala Red Rice
Appalam ,Mor Milagai ,Banana Chips ,Sharkara Upperi
Semiya Paal Payasam
Lunch Side Dish Recipes: