Candied Pecans are a perfect edible gift. They have an amazing sugar glaze and get done in just a few mins on a stove top.
A cozy and lovely edible gift made with love. This is how I define my Candied Pecans. It's addictive, you can simply munch on it. Store-bought candied nuts are expensive plus they have a lot of Sugars. When it comes to homemade we can customize the flavors and we can add in our favorite ingredients.
You can make a big batch and simply display them in your nuts box or Holiday snacks table.
Stove Top Candied Pecans
Candied Pecans are a very popular American Snack. They are usually popular during the holiday season or during Christmas. They are exchanged as gifts. We can make them in Oven as well as on stovetops. The stovetop versions are usually easy to make and they are egg-free versions. The baked version usually uses eggs to make the coating stick to the pecans.
I find the stovetop method easy and instant. Gets ready in just a few mins. Also, you get to customize the flavors easily.
You may use the same recipe for Walnuts, Almonds, or Cashewnuts also.
You might also like my Honey Roasted Almonds.
Ingredients for Candied Pecans
Pecans - Use good quality wholesome Pecans. We usually start by toasting the pecans and then use them.
Sugar - When it comes to sugar, I prefer using either coconut sugar or Brown Sugar. They give a beautiful caramel coating and the color looks so pleasing and tempting.
Maple Syrup - I prefer a Vegan version and hence I went with Maple Syrup. You may opt for Honey for a nonvegan version.
Spices - I am using ginger powder and cinnamon powder. though we add them in a small quantity they give an exotic and definitely and punch in the taste. You may also use little Vanilla essence.
Water - A splash of water usually going in just to make sure the sugar caramelizes easily.
How to use Candied Pecans
I never get tired of my candied pecans, You can simply use them as a snack for munching. Apart from that I also use it to top my overnight oats, Salads, or smoothie bowl. They look pretty on them and taste exotic. You may also use them as a topping for your cakes or pies.
FAQ's & Useful Tips
Why are my Candied pecans Sticky
Usually, when the sugar is not cooked until the right temperature the pecans might turn sticky, even after it's cooled down. In such cases, you can cook the pecans once again for another few mins. Make sure you don't burn the nuts. After cooking cool them once again the nuts will not be sticky now after it's cooled down.
How to Store Candid Pecans
They stay good at room temperature for up to a week. Beyond that put them in the fridge for up to two weeks. More than that you can store them in the freezer. Always store in a good air tight container.
Can you freeze candied Pecans
Defnitely yes. If you want to store your nuts for a longer time you can freeze. You may store it in a zip lock bag.
How to Prepare Vegan Candied Pecans, Pictorial:
1. Heat a pan and in this add in 2 cups of Pecans and start toasting in a low flame without burning them. It takes around 5 mins in low flame.
2. Next to this add in the ½ cup of Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
3. Also add in 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup
4. Add the spices as well. I am adding ¼ tsp of ginger powder, ½ tsp of Cinnamon powder, and a pinch of salt.
5. Also add in 1.5tbsp of water. Combine everything and cook on a low flame. The sugar will start to melt and start caramelizing.
6. Combine everything together, so that the pecans are covered with caramel.
7. When the mixture starts to thicken switch off the flame
8. Transfer everything to a tray lined with parchment paper and let it cool completely. If there are any pecans sticking together you can separate them at this stage. Once they cooled, Candied pecans are ready to munch on.
Transfer them to a sterilized jar and store them in the refrigerator.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cups Pecan
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- Salt a pinch
- 1.5 tbsp Water
- Heat a pan and in this add in 2 cups of Pecans and start toasting in a low flame without burning them. It takes around 5 mins in low flame.
- Next to this add in the ½ cup of Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Also add in 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Add the spices as well. I am adding ginger powder, Cinnamon powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Also add in 1.5tbsp of water. Combine everything and cook on a low flame. The sugar will start to melt and start caramelizing.
- Combine everything together, so that the pecans are covered with caramel.
- When the mixture starts to thicken switch off the flame
- Transfer everything to a tray lined with parchment paper and let it cool completely. If there are any pecans sticking together you can separate them at this stage. Once they cooled, Candied pecans are ready to munch on. Transfer them to a sterilized jar and store them in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.