Chicken Clear Soup is one easy and filling soup. It is so soothing and comforting. It is also perfect for kids as it is mildly spicy
Chicken clear soup is one recipe that I make quite frequently. Whenever anyone at the home is not well or has a sore throat I prepare it. It is so soothing and comforting. They are also perfect for kids as it is less spicy.
Chicken clear soup
The chicken clear soup is light hearty and healthy. Super easy to make. Add in the whole species along with onion, tomato, and chicken pressure cook and you are good. Discard the remains and serve the soup clear. Finally, adjust the soup with salt and pepper and serve with a dash of good cilantro or Spring onions.
It is a meal in just 30 mins. You may serve it along with some crotons on top too or severe with some breadsticks. It is basically a good delicious chicken broth cooked in the right way with flavors packed.
Chicken clear soup with vegetables
Adding in some vegetables also goes well with Chicken Clear Soup. My personal preferences are Carrot and Sweet Corn. Both complement well together. Other than that you may also use Beans, Potato.
Ingredients for Chicken Soup
Chicken - Always use chicken pieces with bones, they add more flavor when it comes to soup. Juicy chunks of chicken get cooked with whole species and veggies for a more flavorful soup
Whole Spices - We usually add the whole spices while cooking the soup and discard them while serving. It sure makes the soup more flavorful. I am adding cinnamon, Bay leaf, Cloves and Pepper
Onion, Tomato Garlic - We add tomato, onion, and garlic for taste. So never add too much always add in a subtle quantity.
Cilantro or Spring Onion - Ok, these both are the garnish for the soup. Add your favorite ones and they both compliment the soup very well.
FAQ, Chicken Clear Soup
Yes, you can very well add, Once you release the pressure naturally in the cooker break open the eggs and cook without mixing too much. It tastes well. Or you can prepare scrambled eggs and add them to the soup while serving. Tastes good either way.
We can very well use the leftover chicken in any curry or Roast. I sometimes add them to my fried rice as well. Or you can top the soup with more Shredded Chicken.
This soup suits all ages. You can serve them to kids also. Make a note of the spice levels and serve to kids above 12 months.
How to make chicken clear soup
1.Wash the chicken really well. In a pressure cooker add in the chicken pieces along with chopped onion, chopped tomato.
2.Also add in garlic pods, Bay leaves, Cinnamon sticks and Cloves, and Whole Pepper.
3.Add the required water and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles in high flame and switch off.
4.Let the pressure release naturally and then open the cooker.
5.Add in freshly ground pepper and put in a low flame for another 5 mins and switch off the stove.
6.Now strain the soup and discard the others. Remove the cooked chicken pieces shred them and set them aside.
7.Now let's serve the soup. Add the soup to a serving bowl. Top them with shredded chicken pieces. Garnish with Cilantro or Spring onion. Top with extra pepper or salt as needed and serve hot.
Serving & Storage Suggestions
- Serve the soup as a starter. Or makes the main course for dinner along with breadsticks.
- You can also add some fried noodles and serve them like noodle soup or Manchow soup.
- The soup stays good in the fridge for 3 days. Try to serve hot always. Store the soup separately and the shredded chicken separately.
- While serving assemble and garnish with cilantro or spring onion and serve. don't forget to heat the soup before serving.
Similar Soup Recipes
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Chicken clear soup
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ¼ kg Chicken
- 1 Onion medium sized
- ½ Tomato
- 6 Garlic pods
- 1 tsp Whole Pepper
- 1 Bay leaves
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 cups Water
- Salt as needed
- Cilantro or Spring Onions to garnish
- Wash the chicken really well. In a pressure cooker add in the chicken pieces along with chopped onion, chopped tomato.
- Also add in garlic pods, Bay leaves, Cinnamon sticks and Cloves, and Whole Pepper.
- Add the required water and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles in high flame and switch off.
- Let the pressure release naturally and then open the cooker.
- Add in freshly ground pepper and put in a low flame for another 5 mins and switch off the stove.
- Now strain the soup and discard the others. Remove the cooked chicken pieces shred them and set them aside.
- Now let's serve the soup. Add the soup to a serving bowl. Top them with shredded chicken pieces. Garnish with Cilantro or Spring onion. Top with extra pepper or salt as needed and serve hot.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2018. Its now updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and Content.
I love how easy this soup is and my children love how delicious it is!
I love how light and flavorful this soup sounds! It will surely be a great addition to my dinner table!
This looks so comforting and flavorful! Seems perfect for rainy days. Thank you for sharing this!
This sounds so flavorful and comforting! Thanks for the recipe!
My kids loved how tasty this soup is! I’m definitely making it again!
My kids loved how tasty this soup is! I'm definitely making it again!