Tapioca Stir Fry is a traditional style Kerala delicacy. It goes well with rice or can very well relished as a snack.
Tapioca Stir Fry Recipe | Maravalli Kizhangu Fry | Kappa Ularthiyathu is one of the staple food in Kerala. They usually have this at least once in a week. This stir fry is an easy recipe just cook the Kappa and do a flavourful tadka with coconut oil and then top it with freshly grated coconut. It is usually served with fish curryand black coffee. It can be had as a snack anytime or can be had as a lunch side dish along with Rice.
Serve kappa with fish curry and black coffee.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time . You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Tapioca Stir Fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 Tapioca medium sized
- Salt to taste
To Temper :
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- ¼ cup Freshly grated coconut
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Wash the tapioca. Chop them in to desired pieces ,add water ,Salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles
- Once the pressure releases by its own open the cooker and drain the water. Peel the skin and chop them into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds let them splutter.
- Then add in the Dry Red Chilli and Curry leaves.
- Next add in the cooked tapioca pieces and stir well till it becomes dry.
- Finally add in the freshly grated coconut and mix well once and switch off the flame.