Tapioca Stir Fry Recipe | Maravalli Kizhangu Fry | Kappa Ularthiyathu is one of the staple food in Kerala. They usually have this at least once in a week. This stir fry is an easy recipe just cook the Kappa and do a flavourful tadka with coconut oil and then top it with freshly grated coconut. It is usually served with fish curryand black coffee. It can be had as a snack anytime or can be had as a lunch side dish along with Rice.
Tapioca Stir Fry
Recipe Cuisine: Kerala | Recipe Category :SideDish
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time :20 mins |Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila Kingsly
Tapioca – 2 medium sized
Salt to taste
To Temper :
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 3
Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 2 springs
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
1. Wash the tapioca. Chop them in to desired pieces ,add water ,Salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles
2. Once the pressure releases by its own open the cooker and drain the water. Peel the skin and chop them into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat a pan with oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds let them splutter.
4. Then add in the Dry Red Chilli and Curry leaves.
5. Next add in the cooked tapioca pieces and stir well till it becomes dry.
6. Finally add in the freshly grated coconut and mix well once and switch off the flame.
· Makes a good evening snack.
· Tastes good when served with thick fish curry.
Serve kappa with with fish curry and black coffee.