Vegan Pumpkin soup is a quick healthy and delicious pumpkin soup made with just a few ingredients in 10 mins. I used pumpkin puree to prepare the soup
Say hello to my best ever Pumpkin soup. It is super creamy and delicious. The best thing is it gets ready in just 15 mins. I used my frozen pumpkin puree to prepare this soup.
Remember the pumpkin puree I made during the Fall reason. I did freeze a big batch for later use. I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin casserole earlier and now comes the most delicious Vegan Soup.
The best things about my pumpkin soup
✔ It is Vegan and Gluten-Free
✔ You can use homemade or canned Pumpkin Puree. You can use fresh or frozen puree too.
✔ It is a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table.
Pumpkin Soups are very common during the Fall Season and it never fails to be a part of the thanksgiving table. Here is one awesome soup to enjoy in season and offseason.
Freeze the pumpkin Puree to enjoy the rest of the year. It comes in handy and in just 15 mins you will have an amazing cozy soup in your hands.
Vegan Pumpkin soup
My Version of Pumpkin soup is vegan. I have not used dairy products. Coconut milk is my secret ingredient and it makes the best ever pumpkin soup.
How to Select pumpkin for the Pumpkin Puree
Sugar pumpkin and Pie Pumpkin are the most common varieties used in making the puree. If these varieties are not available in your country you can use any mildly sweet pumpkin types.
But make sure you select the ripe pumpkin to prepare the puree.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup
I used my homemade frozen Pumpkin Puree to prepare the soup. On good thing is no need to spend time defrosting the puree. Just dump in the puree and I left it to my dutch oven to take care of the rest. For best results use a heavy-bottomed pan. As we add less water in the beginning.
You can use homemade or Store-bought Coconut Milk. Never look for a replacement for coconut milk in this recipe. Other vegan Milk can definitely be used. But taste-wise coconut milk is my recommendation.
Onion, Garlic , Ginger
I sauteed my onions, Sliced garlic, and finely sauteed ginger in the soup. I did not blend them further. If you need a smooth textured soup Use an immersion blender and blend the ingredients finally once again.
Crushed Pepper and Chilli Flakes
I used crushed Pepper powder and chili flakes to spice up the soup. You can definitely use oregano, Italian seasoning, or any soup seasonings as you prefer.
FAQ's on Pumpkin Soup
You can add little water or coconut milk heat the soup and bring the consistency back to as desired. If adding extra water or coconut milk add salt as required.
This will be a very odd situation. With the given measurement and a good quality pumpkin puree, the soup will be in perfect consistency. Yet if by any chance it happens. Simmer the soup for a while on a very low flame and bring it to the desired consistency.
It is still simple. You can easily prepare your own pumpkin puree. I have explained in detail how to select the pumpkin, how to roast the pumpkin and prepare the puree in my homemade pumpkin puree recipe. Don't forget to check it out.
Yes, the skin of the pumpkin is very hard so while making the puree itself we peel the pumpkin skin. After roasting the pumpkin we can remove it easily.
Soups are the ultimate comfort food for a cold winter night or evening. It goes well with some toasted bread or bagels.
You can also top the soup with croutons for the extra kick.
Variations to Pumpkin Soup:
some recipes are best to keep it as simple as possible. Pumpkin soup is one such ingredient. Pumpkin has a natural taste and I prefer to keep the recipe simple and easy. I am using only the basic and a few ingredients.
✔ Few Simple variations are to use ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder or a pinch of Nutmeg powder along.
✔ You can also try the same recipe with butter nut squash.
How to Store Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup stays good for 3 or 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it for 2 months and use it. Heat it or Microwave the frozen soup and consume as needed.
Similar Pumpkin Recipes
How to Prepare Vegan Pumpkin Soup, Pictorial:
1) Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of Olive oil, once it's hot add 4 finely sliced garlic and 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger. Saute till the raw smell leaves and then add in 1 onion finely chopped. Saute till glossy.
2) Next add in 1.5 cups of Pumpkin Puree. I used my frozen pumpkin puree, you can use fresh puree or even canned puree.
3) Add in ½ cup of water. Mix well and then cover cook on a low flame for 5 mins. Slowly the pumpkin puree will start to defrost and melt.
4) Keep mixing the soup in regular intervals.
5) Once the pumpkin puree is completely melted add in the required salt and ½ tsp of crushed pepper. You can also use pepper powder.
6) Keep cooking for another 2 mins. Combine everything and cook
7) Now add in 1 cup of Coconut Milk. Mix everything cook for another 1 min on low flame and switch off the flame.
7) Vegan Pumpkin soup is now ready.
8) Finally garnish with pepper powder and chili flakes as per your preference and spice levels.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Garlic sliced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Onion
- 1.5 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Water
- Salt as needed
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- ⅛ tsp Chilli Flakes
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of Olive oil, once it's hot add 4 finely sliced garlic and 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger. Saute till the raw smell leaves and then add in 1 onion finely chopped. Saute till glossy.
- Next add in 1.5 cups of Pumpkin Puree. I used my frozen pumpkin puree, you can use fresh puree or even canned puree.
- Add in ½ cup of water. Mix well and then cover cook on a low flame for 5 mins. Slowly the pumpkin puree will start to defrost and melt.
- Keep mixing the soup in regular intervals. Once the pumpkin puree is completely melted add in the required salt and ½ tsp of crushed pepper. You can also use pepper powder.
- Keep cooking for another 2 mins. Combine everything and cook
- Now add in 1 cup of Coconut Milk. Mix everything cook for another 1 min on low flame and switch off the flame.
- Finally garnish with pepper powder and chili flakes as per your preference and spice levels.
- Serve hot . Top with chilli flakes and pepper powder or any seasonings as you prefer.
- Goes well with Bread or been Bread sticks.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply