Buttered Sweet Corn Recipe | Cup Corn Recipe | Roadside shop style steamed Butter Corn Recipe with step by step photos. Butter corn is a very common street food in India. We can see this in almost all the important roads. If there is a shopping mall or Park definitely near the gate or some corner we would find a butter corn stall. Kids go crazy over this sweetcorn and my kiddo is no exception.
2. In a vessel add in the Corn kernels, too this add butter, Pepper powder, and Lemon Juice.
3. Check for salt if it is less add that too. Toss everything well such that it is evenly mixed and then serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 87
Buttered Sweet Corn | Cup Corn
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Sweet Corn – 1 full
- Salt as needed
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Chat Masala – 1 tsp Optional
- In a Pressure Cooker add in the sweet corn add salt and the required water and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Once the pressure is completed released. Remove the Corn Kernel using a peeler or manually.
- In a vessel add in the Corn kernels, too this add in butter, Pepper powder, and Lemon Juice.
- Check for salt if it is less add that too. Toss everything well such that it is evenly mixed and then serve.
· You can also add Chilli powder if you prefer a spicy version.
· You can microwave it for 30 secs if you prefer after tossing the spice powders to the sweet corn kernels.
Sweet corn with butter is one of the best street foods , and to think there are so many variations now . But of course the butter ones are the best . I like that bowl of corn , it sure is tempting and so well made .
Yep,Butter corn is the most common street food and you can find at every corner. Simple yet one delicious street food.
Ranganathan and usmaan street ku pona, eda saapidama shopping complete ahadu. Nicely done. Perfect snack anytime.
Love this. My kids make a different version on their own. Next time they make shall ask them to take a picture for the blog 🙂
Simply love this buttered sweet corn and its our family favourite. Such a delicious snack food to make with less efforts.
This is one of my daughter's fav street food. We buy it every time we go out. You have made it perfect. I would be really happy to munch it now..
That is such an easy to make and addictive snack with corn. Perfect as after school snack.
Oh my kids love this version Sharmila, such a fantastic and simple one to enjoy!
I loved boiled corn and with butter its just heavenly. I sometimes wonder why they give teeny weeny portions when we go to the theaters to watch a movie and they corn on their menu.
Omg this is my favorite snack 🙂 looks so delicious and such an amazing recipe dear !! They are so addictive, am so tempted !!
I love giving my girls the buttered corns as evening snack and they totally love it. Your bowl looks simply amazing.
I saw that in India, these sweet buttered corn is very famous and they sell it everywhere. I tasted it once in a mall but was not happy about the quality of the corn. Ever since then, I make them at home. This is so temtping!
Sweet Corns are mine fav snackk... always buy or made at home with same technique.
Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen
Corn is our favorite snack too! My lip one will eat It as such without any seasoning! I have made this with frozen corn, but not with the fresh ones. One of the easiest and guilt free snacks to indulge!
my kids love this butter corn sold in the malls and this is one of the veggies that my lil one eats without complaint~!