Carrot Milk Shake or Carrot Milk is a yummy summer drink prepared by blending steamed or sauteed carrots with Milk. It is so good for kids and toddlers.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins. Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes.
The carrot is one wonder vegetable. Though it's a vegetable it has a sweet taste. I cook a variety of desserts with carrots. Carrot milkshake is creamy naturally sweet and rich and a must try for this summer.
Carrot and milk always make a yummy combo. I usually sauté or steam and use the carrot for preparing the milkshake and hence it’s suitable for kids also.
You can also blend raw carrots with milk if you prefer. Now let’s see how to prepare carrot milkshake.
Rich creamy tasty and vibrant colored milk are kids favorite drinks during the summer. Its our choice to make them healthy or to load them with sugars. Carrot milkshake is the perfect choice for a healthy milkshake. Carrot has natural sugars and is the best match for kids and toddlers too.
It is creamy and refreshing on a hot sunny day. It is easy to whip up and perfect for the summer without having to spend too much time in the kitchen.
We can either grate and saute the carrots or steam the carrots and then use them for preparing the milkshakes. If you have a food processor you can use them and grate the carrots or just chop them into cubes and steam.
When the carrots are ready preparing the milkshake is a breeze.
Carrot - Use any fresh carrots for the milkshake. You can either steam or boil the carrots and use them. Else you can grate and saute the carrots and use.
Milk - For a Vegan carrot milkshake use any nondairy milk. Almond Milk, Oat milk, or even coconut milk is a perfect choice. For the nonvegan version use regular dairy milk or full fat milk for a creamier milkshake.
Sugar - Adjust and add sugar as needed as the carrot already is sweet. You can also add in honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
Cardamom powder - a hint of fresh cardamom powder adds a lovely taste to the milkshakes.
How to make Carrot milkshake
1. Chop the carrot into small cubes. Steam them in a steamer for 10 mins. Or grate the carrot and saute them in a skillet until they are cooked.
2. In a blender add the carrot along with chilled Almond Milk. Use any vegan milk oat milk or even cashew milk works well too. You can use regular dairy milk for a nonvegan version.
3. Next, add the cardamom powder and sugar. Blend well till it reaches a creamy consistency.
4. Strain the hard Strain and serve chilled.
Yummy and colorful milkshake.
Tips & Variations
- If using dairy milk, Never use hot milk for preparing the milkshake. There is a high chance the milk will curdle when added to carrots.
- Use chilled milk for the best taste.
- If serving the milk for kids you can use palm sugar or Jaggery too.
- We can also add a few soaked almonds and blend along with the carrots for a richer milkshake.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Carrot Milk Shake Recipe | How to make Carrot Milkshake
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 4 Carrot app 2 cups if chopped or 1.5 cups if grated
- 2 cups Almond milk chilled
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder optional
- Chop the carrot into small cubes. Steam them in a steamer for 10 mins. Or grate the carrot and saute them in a skillet until they are cooked.
- In a blender add the carrot along with chilled Almond Milk. Use any vegan milk oat milk or even cashew milk works well too. You can use regular dairy milk for a nonvegan version.
- Next, add the cardamom powder and sugar. Blend well till it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Strain and serve chilled.
- Perfect for a morning breakfast.
- Sugar can be replaced with Honey or Jaggery powder.
- Serve chilled for best taste.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used
Motions and Emotions
the milkshake looks so good
Wow! Carrot shake sounds so interesting. I really like the idea, of adding carrots to milk. This is almost as if you are drinking Gajar ka Halwa . Lol.
This is awesome! In fact this is my childhood favorite and I am going to make it this weekend.