Cold Cucumber Soup is usually prepared from raw cucumber Cilantro and few other ingredients. It is a raw and no-cook soup. Gets ready in just 10 mins.
When it comes to summer, we often find spending more time cooking a task. All I wish is to quickly whip up the cooking and also foods that keep us hydrated and cool.
Cold cucumber soup fills all these dots.
- They are perfect for Summer and keeps us hydrated.
- It is a no-cook soup and gets ready in 10 mins.
- You may also make it and freeze ahead of time.
What is Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a cold soup variety. It is usually prepared with raw vegetables by just blending and no cooking is involved. It is widely made in the Summer which is why served cold.
Vegan Cucumber Soup
There may be many different versions in preparing the cold cucumber soup. Usually, we include Yogurt or Milk in the soup. I made a dairy-free version.
Prep Work for Cucumber Soup
- Wash the cucumber and then clean the Cilantro.
- You may get some croutons to top the soup.
Why Make Cucumber Gazpacho
- It is perfect for summer.
- It is easy to put together.
- Gazpacho is a no-cook soup.
- You can make it ahead of time and serve chilled.
- This will be a perfect way to indulge in raw vegetables.
Ingredients for Cold Cucumber Soup
English cucumber is very tender than the normal cucumber. The skin is also thin and edible. so we can use the cucumber directly without removing the skin and seeds.
If using the regular cucumber peel the skin and remove the seeds and then use.
Cilantro or Coriander leaves gives a nice flavor to the soup.
Coconut Milk gives an awesome flavor to the dish. So I recommend using it. If you are freezing the soup. Add only water. Just before serving add coconut milk and serve.
However, if you do not prefer, you can skip it.
Onion , Garlic & Green Chilli
You may use red or white onion. Just 2 tbsp should be fine. Adding more might result in a bitter taste. Same with Green chili, Remove the seeds and then use. But you can add if you like the soup much spicy.
Salt & Pepper
Add Salt and Pepper as per your taste and preference.
How to Prepare Cold Cucumber Soup, Pictorial
1) In a blender add in Chopped English cucumber. Generally, seeds are tender in English cucumber so I prefer keeping them. If you don't prefer you can remove the seeds and add them.
2) Add in Chopped Cilantro or Coriander leaves. Also add in 3 cloves of Garlic, 2 tbsp of chopped red onion, and 1 green chili. Make sure you remove the seeds and then add the green chili.
3) Next add in Coconut Milk and Water.
4) Next add in the required Salt
5) Blend everything together into a fine puree.
6) Garnish with Pepper Powder as needed. You may also garnish with Lemon Juice as needed.
Tips to make the best Cold Vegan soup
Always use fresh and good quality ingredients. You can use few stalks of Celery and prepare the soup too.
This is a dairy-free soup, yet if you prefer instead of coconut milk you can also add Milk. If adding add Milk only just before serving.
I prefer the soup little Chunky and hence I did leave few chunks of raw vegetables. You can blend as you prefer. You can also strain it and severe If you prefer cremier.
You can also serve it with a dash of Olive oil. Also, you can add in few drops of Lemon Juice too.
Serve the soup with breadsticks. You may also serve it with some fruits.
When soups are chilled the flavors teds to become subtle and hence I recommend adding more spices before serving.
Also it's enough to chill the soup for 30 mins and serve.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Cold Cucumber Soup
- 2 English Cucumber medium sized
- ½ cup Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli de-seeded
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- ⅓ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Water
- Salt as needed
- Pepper Powder as needed
- ½ tsp Lemon Optional
- In a blender add in Chopped English cucumber. Generally, seeds are tender in English cucumber so I prefer keeping them. If you don't prefer you can remove the seeds and add them.
- Add in Chopped Cilantro or Coriander leaves. Also add in 3 cloves of Garlic, 2 tbsp of chopped red onion, and 1 green chili. Make sure you remove the seeds and then add the green chili.
- Next add in Coconut Milk and Water.
- Next add in the required Salt
- Blend everything together to a fine puree.
- Garnish with Pepper Powder as needed. You may also garnish with Lemon Juice as needed.