Broccoli Potato Soup is a healthy and filling soup together. Broccoli and Potato give a yummy combination when added to the soup. Absolutely guilt-free and 100 plant based.
Cold Winter days are back and it is the time of the year when we make a lot of Soups. Some Warm Soup along with a Soup stick makes a perfect winter day dinner for me.
I am not a soup person, but when I make I enjoy it thoroughly. I like creamier soups topped with croutons. The croutons give a nice crunch and I make sure I add quite a lot!!
This dump and go broccoli potato soup is super creamy and 100 % plant-based. A tasty low-calorie meal that makes you full and leaves satisfaction after every serving.
If you are looking for a simple and quick soup then this is for you.. All you have to do is dump the ingredients in your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker and it does the job. Very less prep work and it is absolutely a wholesome meal.
Broccoli Potato Soup
Broccoli and Potato give a yummy combination when added to the soup. The volume of the soup will be less with only Broccoli. For this reason, we add potatoes. It gives a healthy and filling soup together. For a richer version garnish the soup with cheese as you like.
One-Pot Broccoli Soup
We can never have an easier version of the soup. This soup is as simple as that, All you need is to dump in all the ingredients into Instant Pot or Cooker and pressure cook, and then blend. Most delicious soup is ready in less time.
Broccoli - Add fresh green broccoli florets to the soup.
Potato - Potato adds a nice volume to the soup. Also a yummy
Onion - I am using red onions for the soup. However, white also goes well.
Garlic - Just a few garlic pods for an added flavor.
Salt & Pepper - Just the basic garnishings for the soup. Add Freshly ground pepper for extra flavor in the soup.
How to make Broccoli Potato Soup
1. Wash the broccoli florets once and then add them to the inner pot of an Instant Pot, along with this add-in 1 potato cubed and 1 onion cubed and GarlicPods.
Next, add 1 cup of water.
2. Close the Instant Pot and turn in the pressure valve to the sealing position. Switch on and select the Pressure Cook mode. Set 3 mins in high pressure. Wait for a Natural Release and then open the Instant Pot.
Blend everything using an immersion blender or transfer everything to a normal blender and blend. I left few chunks of veggies as it is. Blend as per your wish.
Switch on the Instant Pot back in the saute mode. Add in Salt and Pepper and let it cook for 3 mins and then switch off. Serve hot with toasted bread.
Can be served for dinner along with some bread.
Tips & Variations:
- The soup is a no cheese, no cream version. Perfect for a vegan and gluten-free meals as well.
- Feel free to customize as per your preference. Cream or Milk can also be added if you like it that way.
- broccoli cheese soup - Add in parmesan cheese or Cheddar for a more creamy broccoli soup.
- creamy vegan broccoli Soup - You can add in coconut cream or a full fat coconut milk.
Goes well with Breadsticks or Toasted Bread. A warm salad soup and croutons also make a perfect dinner
Vegan broccoli soup is more freezer-friendly we don't add any dairy products and it stays well in the fridge for a week. Or you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Broccoli Potato Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 cup Broccoli
- 1 Potato medium sized
- 1 Onion
- 5 pods Garlic
- 1 cup Water
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder as needed
- Wash the broccoli florets once and then add them to an Instant Pot, along with this add-in 1 potato cubed and 1 onion cubed and GarlicPods
- Next, add 1 cup of water.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn in the pressure valve to the sealing position. Switch on and select the Pressure Cook mode. Set 3 mins in high pressure.
- Wait for a Natural Release and then open the Instant Pot.
- Blend everything using an immersion blender or a normal blender.
- Switch on the Instant Pot back in the saute mode.
- Add in Salt and Pepper and let it cook for 3 mins and then switch off. Serve hot with toasted bread.
· Goes well with some sandwich or garlic bread.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.