Oats Jaggery Cookies is a perfect breakfast cookie with some Milk. It is so flavorful with the goodness of Cardamom and Cinnamon.
Apart from the regular breakfast, For a lazy day, I like to start the day with some simple Granola, Cookies, or Milk. Earlier I have shared a Breakfast cookie and today I am sharing another one interesting cookie.
The best thing about these cookies is they are refined White sugar-free and No Maida. It has Rolled Oats and Wheat flour. It is packed with fiber and helps us stand hunger for a longer time.
I adapted this recipe from Manalis's blog and I am in love with this recipe. These are one of the best batches of cookies to enjoy. The addition of cardamom and cinnamon is to die for.
Finally we have come to the late day of the bakethon and as always I always look forward for this bakethon every year and I enjoyed this year as well. I even came out of my comfort zone . Amidst the pandemic and we still live and I am indefinitely grateful for everything I have. Ending this year on a positive note and looking forward for the New Year.
Wishing everyone a very happy New Year. Will be coming up with the best recipes next year as well.
Oats Jaggery Cookies
Oats Jaggery Cookies are Wholesome breakfast cookies. We are using Wheat Flour with Rolled Oats and Pure Jaggery Powder. It goes very well with Milk.
Ingredients for Oats Jaggery Cookies
Rolled Oats gives a very nice texture to the cookies. So use only Rolled oats. Avoid Instant or Steel Cut Oats. Rolled oats are easily available online these days. I am adding the link in the Recipe Card to buy rolled oats online.
Whole Wheat flour works well for these cookies with no need for APF. If you are looking for a gluten-free option, You can use Almond Flour.
Use good quality Organic Jaggery powder for the cookies. As it might not have any impurities. If you want a smooth finish in the cookies you can sieve the Jaggery powder and use, so that it will be lump-free. Cookie texture will be even good.
Use Soft Room Temperature unsalted butter.
Nuts & Spices
Cardamom and Cinnamon give an awesome aroma, so I recommend not skipping both. Apart from them use any nuts of your choice. You can also add Pecans, Walnuts
Similar Cookie Recipes
Other Oats Recipes:
How to Prepare Oats Jaggery Cookies, Pictorial
1) In a mixing bowl add ½ cup of soft butter. To this add ¾ cup of Jaggery Powder. Combine together until the butter and jaggery powder and creamed together
2) To this add in 1 cup of Rolled Oats. Next, add in 1 cup of Wheat flour.
3) Along with them add ¾ tsp of Baking powder and ¼ tsp of Salt. If using salted butter you can skip adding Salt now.
4) Using a spatula combine everything once. In a blender add in 4 cardamom pods, 1-inch cinnamon stick, ¼ cup mixed nuts, and blend to a coarse powder.
5) Add 2 tbsp of milk and bring the cookie dough together. Finally, add in the coarsely powdered nuts and mix well. The cookie dough is now ready.
6) Divide the dough and make equally sized cookies. Line a baking tray with Parchment paper and place the cookies. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 mins Or till the cookies are slightly crisp and brown.
7) Allow the cookies to cool down completely and then store.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Oats Jaggery Cookies
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- OTG Oven
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- ¾ cup Jaggery Powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup Nuts
- 4 Cardamom Pods
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- In a mixing bowl add ½ cup of soft butter. To this add ¾ cup of Jaggery Powder. Combine together until the butter and jaggery powder and creamed together
- To this add in 1 cup of Rolled Oats. Next, add in 1 cup of Wheat flour.
- Along with them add ¾ tsp of Baking powder and ¼ tsp of Salt. If using salted butter you can skip adding Salt now.
- Using a spatula combine everything once. In a blender add in 4 cardamom pods, 1-inch cinnamon stick, ¼ cup mixed nuts, and blend to a coarse powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and bring the cookie dough together. Finally, add in the coarsely powdered nuts and mix well. The cookie dough is now ready.
- Divide the dough and make equally sized cookies. Line a baking tray with Parchment paper and place the cookies. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 mins Or till the cookies are slightly crisp and brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely and then store.
- Perfect for breakfast with some Milk or Tea.
- Keep well for a week at room temperature.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Wow ! These cookies look so good that I feel like picking them from the screen . I was never fond of jaggery but suddenly I have developed my taste for it . Cardamom is a favourite for me when it comes to Indian flavours - all in all one of the best cookies i have come across .
Will definitely be making these soon , do you think I can replace butter with oil ?
Wishing you & your family a very happy new year as well!
My baking with jaggery have never turned out well. Your cookies look so amazing, Will bookmark and try this asap. Hopefully I break the jaggery jinx!
The cookies look fantastic. I love the addition of jaggery and cardamom - my faves. Absolutely delicious!
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
Oh wow, that truly looks amazing and addictive! I have everything at home, what better time to bake than these cooler months! I am keeping an eye on this to do soon...
What is this Jaggery powder? What can I substitute it with?
It is the unrefined sugar that is processed from sugar cane. You can find them in most of the Indian or Asican stires. You may replace them with brown sugar.
This is my first time trying a cookie. It turned out tasty. Thanks for the receipe. Please let me k ow how to get same color on both the sides. Mine turned out with dark brown color on one side and light brown on other side. But still it tasted so good 😀
Thanks for trying and glad you liked it.. Usually, the difference in colors might be due to the uneven oven temperature. Make sure you preheat the oven and then bake. Also, adjust the oven temperature as per your device and never open the oven in the middle of baking.
Hello Sharmila ji
Did u use jaggery powder made of Gur or Shakkar whuch is already powdered? Thanks in advance.
Yes is used Jaggery powder made of Gur.