Air Fryer Zucchini Fries is a delicious vegan and gluten free appetizer. It is perfect as an after school snack or for the summer break.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins. Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes.
Zucchinis are abundant during the summer and I am making the best out of them. I tried some yummy delicacies with the fresh zucchini this time.
We love fries and ever since we got our air fryer I am using it happily and guilt-free. I am trying the fries with almost everything. An evening with some hot fries and a dipping sauce along with a hot drink is all peace.
Zucchini - Use fresh medium sized zucchini. Wash and wipe dry to remove the moisture and then slice them into sticks.
Oil - I am using extra virgin olive oil. Since we are not using egg or any other binding ingredient oil is very important in this recipe. It helps in holding the coating intact with the zucchini.
Almond flour - you can use store bought Almond flour or make some in-home too.
Rice Flour- Gives a crispy finish to the fries. It is also gluten free.
Paprika Powder - give a nice heat to the fries. Use smoked paprika for a smokey flavor.
Panko Bread Crumbs - You may skip them if you do not prefer. They give an excellent texture. Use vegan bread crumbs for the recipe.
Can I prepare them ahead?
You can prep the zucchini sticks and freeze them. Coat with the flour and air fry them as needed. Or you can coat the zucchini with flour and spices. Arrange them in the baking tray and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour you can put them in a zip lock bag and then air fry them as needed. You have to air fry them for extra 2 mins in that case. But making the fries fresh will always give the best fresh flavor.
How do I reheat the zucchini fries?
Arrange in a preheated air fryer basket. Spray or Brush oil and air fry for 2-3 mins.
Can I bake them in the oven?
Very well, Oven works well too but it takes more time than the air fryer. Bake at 200F for 25-30 mins.
How to make air fryer zucchini
1.Wash and wipe the zucchini until dry without any moisture. Slice the zucchini into ½ to ¼ inch thickness sticks. Add the Zucchini sticks to a mixing bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil over the zucchinis. Combine and make sure the oil coats over all the zucchini sticks.
3. Add in the Almond Flour, Rice Flour, Paprika powder, Salt, and the Panko bread crumbs.
4. Toss well and combine such that all the zucchini sticks have the coating intact.
5. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F / 392°C for 5 mins. Brush the air fryer basket with oil and then arrange the basket with the zucchini. Make sure the zucchini stick do not touch each other. Make in batches if your basket is small.
5. Air Fry at 356°F / 180°C for 12 mins. After the first 6 mins. Open the air fryer and shake the basket once and then continue cooking.
6. Air fryer Zucchini fries are now ready to serve. Serve hot with any sauce or mayo.
Tips & Variations
- If you are not on a vegan diet you may use an egg in place of the Oil. Dip the zucchini sticks in the egg and then coat with flour and spices.
- Panko breadcrumbs may not be vegan or gluten-free, so buy vegan and gluten-free panko breadcrumbs and use them for the recipe. I found this brand promising in India.
- Or if you are not able to source a vegan and gluten-free bread crumb you may just skip adding. almond Flour and rice flour give a nice texture too.
- You may also use grated parmesan for added flavor.
- The cooking time may vary based on the brands and models of the air fryer. so I suggest checking on the fries after 10 mins and then continue cooking.
- Makes a perfect after school snack.
- Always adjust salt and spice as per your preference.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. The fries may not be crispy in that case. cook in batches if your air fryer basket is of small size.
Serve hot with tomato sauce, mayonnaise, or any of your favorite ranch dips.
You can cool down the fries completely and store them in a zip lock bag for up to 2 days. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave and then serve. However, the stored fries may not be as fresh and crisp as the fresh fries.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Wash and wipe the zucchini until dry without any moisture. Slice the zucchini into ½ to ¼ inch thickness sticks. Add the Zucchini sticks to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil over the zucchinis. Combine and make sure the oil coats over all the zucchini sticks.
- Add in the Almond Flour, Rice Flour, Paprika powder, Salt, and the Panko bread crumbs.
- Toss well and combine such that all the zucchini sticks have the coating intact.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F / 392 C for 5 mins. Brush the air fryer basket with oil and then arrange the basket with the zucchini. Make sure the zucchini stick do not touch each other. Make in batches if your basket is small.
- Air Fry at 356 F / 180 C for 12 mins. After the first 6 mins. Open the air fryer and shake the basket once and then continue cooking.
- Air fryer Zucchini fries are now ready to serve. Serve hot with any sauce or mayo.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply