Carrot Kuzhi Paniyaram recipe with step by step photos. Paniyaram is an Indian dish prepared by cooking the prepared batter in a mould .The basic Idli dosa batter is used in preparing Paniyaram and many variations are done in the basic batter by adding Vegetables or by making it Sweet or Spicy. It is called as Paddu in Kannada and Ponganalu in Telugu. Kuzhi Paniyaram is a famous dish in the Chettinadu Cusinie. It makes a perfect dish for Kids lunch box or Snack box .It can be prepared easily in less time. Usually we prepare them with the last batch of the Idli Dosa batter .Now let’s see how to prepare Carrot Kuzhi Paniyaram.
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Main Course
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins |Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Idli Dosa Batter – 1 cup
Grated Carrot – ½ cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 2
Shallots/Small onions – 6-8
Curry Leaves a spring
Salt as needed
1. Take Idli dosa batter in a big bowl to this add in the grated carrot and mix well.
2. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds and Urad Dal let the Urad Dal fry till golden brown now add in chopped ginger and green chilli.
3. Next add in finely chopped Small Onions, let it cook till translucent and then finally add in the Curry Leaves and switch off the flame. Add this to the Carrot Idli dosa Batter and mix well.
4. Add in the required Salt to the batter and mix well. Now heat the paniyaram/appe pan drizzle some oil.
5. Pour the Idli dosa batter in the pan and cover cook in a medium flame for few mins. Once the base is golden brown flip the paniyaram and cook the other sides as well.
6. Once it is fully cooked remove from the pan and serve hot with Chutney.
· Paniyaram tastes good when served hot with chutney and Sambar.
· Tastes best with Shallots Chutney.
· Different versions can be done in the same Paniyaram.