Easy home-style Chicken Curry is the first ever dish I tried when i started cooking. It is so easy to prepare and it is a no fail recipe. I would say anybody who is a beginner in cooking or who has no knowledge in cooking can easily try this out. It is such a keeper recipe. Every time it turns out to be delicious and make the simple meal a feast. It can be cooked in a very less time and now let’s see how to prepare this easy and basic chicken curry.
Similar Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Gravy with dry roasted masala
Click here for more chicken recipes.
Tastes best with any Indian Flat Bread, Appam, Idiyappam, Idli, dosa and with Bread
Easy Chicken Curry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Chicken – ½ kg or 500 gms
- Onion – 2 large
- Tomato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coconut – ¼ cup
- Water as needed
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Lemon Juice from ½ lemon
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seed – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in the fennel seeds and cinnamon stick. Let it fry for 30 secs and then add in finely chopped onions and cook till they becomes glossy .Next add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves(missed to click a pic in this step).Next add in tomatoes .
- Cook till they tomatoes becomes mushy and blends well with the onions next add in Chilli powder, coriander powder, Turmeric powder and Garam Masala and mix well. Do this in a low flame and make sure not to burn the masala.
- Now add in the required salt and then add in the chicken pieces mix well and cook for 5 mins. Grind the Coconut with a little water to form a fine paste .Now add in coconut paste to the chicken and the required water.
- Add in the Lemon juice and check for salt and spice .Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked well and it starts leaving oil on the sides. Garnish with coriander leaves at the last and switch off the flame. Tasty chicken Curry is now ready to serve.
· Pairs very well with any Indian Flat Bread, Appam, Idiyappam, Idli, dosa and with Bread
Leave a Reply