Horse Gram | Kollu Sundal with step by step photos. Horse gram is one of the wonder food which we don’t commonly use in our food. But after knowing the health benefits it’s really hard to resist. It is very light for digestion and contain plenty of proteins and minerals. So I felt Sundal is one way to include horse gram in our food. Now let’s see how to prepare kollu sundal
Checkout the other Sundal Recipes :
How to prepare kollu Sundal , Step by step Method with pictures:
Horse Gram Sundal | Kollu Sundal
- Horse Gram / Kollu – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt as needed
- Freshly grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Sundal Podi
- Curry Leaves – a spring
- Soak the horse gram in water overnight .Next day in a pressure cooker add in the soaked horse gram and along with water and salt and cook for 4 whistles one the pressure is released .Open the cooker and drain the excess water and set the cooked horse gram aside.
- Now heat a pan add in oil once it becomes hot add in Mustard seeds and Urad Dal, let them splutter next add in the Hing, Dry Red Chilli and Curry Leaves. Next add the cooked horse gram.
- Check and add salt if necessary (as we have already added salt while cooking the horse gram) mix well and add in the Sundal Podi cook in a low flame for 2-3 mins and then add in freshly grated coconut and switch off the flame. Tasty and Healthy Horse Gram Sundal is now ready to be served.
· Perfect for the Navratri fasting and evening snacks.
· You can leave the sundal podi if you don’t prefer a spicy version ,it tastes good either way.