Checkout the other Sundal Recipes :
How to prepare Karamani Sundal ,Step by step Method with pictures:
4. Next add the cooked cowpeas and mix well and saute for 2-3 mins.
Cowpeas Sundal | Karamani Sundal
- Karamani Lobia Cowpeas – 1 cup
- Water – as needed
- Salt as needed
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Sundal Podi – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad Dal – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 3
- Curry Leaves – a spring
- Soak the Cowpeas in water for about 3 hours .After soaking in a pressure cooker add in the soaked Cowpeas and along with immersing level water and salt and cook for 4 whistles wait till the pressure is released.
- Open the cooker and drain the excess water and set the cooked cowpeas aside. Now heat a pan add in oil once it becomes hot add in Mustard seeds and Urad Dal, let them splutter
- Next add in the Hing, Dry Red Chilli and Curry Leaves. Fry for a min and add in Sundal Podi and the required Salt , Check and add salt if necessary (as we have already added salt while cooking the cowpeas)
- Next add the cooked cowpeas and mix well and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Finally add in freshly grated coconut sauté for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
· Perfect for the Navratri fasting and evening snacks.
· You can soak the cowpeas overnight.
· If you don’t prefer a spicy version you can skip the Sundal podi.